On February 25, 2021, the Coalition for the Diversity of Cultural Expressions (CDEC) organized a webinar entitled “Where do we stand on the discoverability of cultural content in the digital environment in 2021?”, with the participation of the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications du Québec, the UNESCO Chair on the Diversity of Cultural Expressions, the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) and the Organisation internationale de la Francophonie (OIF).
Video of the webinar:
Program of the webinar:
- Report from the Mission franco-québécoise on the online discoverability of francophone cultural content (in French);
- Report from the UNESCO Chair on the diversity of cultural expressions entitled « Les mesures de découvrabilité des contenus culturels francophones dans l’environnement numérique : compte rendu des tendances et recommandations » (in French);
- Report of the study conducted by UQAM/ OIF on the state of discoverability and access to French-language cultural content on the Internet (in French);
- Guide from the Coalition for the diversity of cultural expressions entitled “The challenge of discoverability. The urgency to act to defend the diversity of cultural expressions”;
- Technical paper on the Canadian content recommendation for online music platforms.